Some drivers can emerge from a car accident feeling fine, even after going through a car accident. Most drivers will feel fine if the accident is only a minor one, but they might get advice to get an auto accidents lawyer Costa Mesa. Whether or not they should depend on the particulars of the case:
- Is the other driver insured?
- How truthful is the other driver with their dealings and filings?
- What were both parties doing when the accident occurred?
Car owners will need to weigh the benefits of getting a lawyer. Hiring an experienced personal injury lawyer is a good way to get a comprehensive settlement, even for a minor car accident.
California car owners can claim both economic and non-economic damages in a minor car accident. The difference between these two damages is that the former involves tangible losses that can be backed up by documentation, while the latter cannot be quantified on paper. Unfortunately, California has no set standard to determine non-economic damages, and they are calculated on a case-by-case basis, which is still better than no compensated for the damages.
Of course, there are still limitations to non-economic damage claims:
- Uninsured drivers who are not at fault cannot claim non-economic damages when suffering injuries in a collision.
- However, uninsured drivers can claim non-economic damages when the at-fault driver is driving under the influence.
- Drivers driving under the influence cannot claim non-economic damages even if the other driver is at fault.
- Drivers committing a felony crime or fleeing a scene of a felony crime and are convicted of the crime cannot claim non-economic damages, even if the other driver was at fault.
Getting a lawyer can help drivers navigate any complex legal situations that can arise from a minor collision.
Even if drivers and bikers suffer from a motor vehicle collision in Costa Mesa, they should consider getting a lawyer for their accidents, regardless of how minor or significant they are. Car owners and motorists can learn more about vehicle collisions and auto accidents from Sheth Law.